Monday, March 13, 2006

I Am Definitely not the WPBT Player of the Year

Pretty meh performance in the WPBT tournament last night, going out 40th or so. Didn't help that I was mired in an 0-12 SnG stretch, either. Turned things around nicely this morning, though, so I'm not quite to the point of threatening to break up with SnGs. Yet.

Many thanks to BSN and Wes for the comments regarding pushing when HU in a SnG and at a sizable chip disadvantage. (And Wes just put up an additional interesting post on his blog with some additional numbers and what-not.)

Pretty excited about the whole March Madness craziness, as this is always one of my favorite sports times of the year. Not sure what crack the selection committee was on, though, as there were some definite head scratchers. How Tennessee gets a #2 seed, I do not know, nor how you justify giving Air Force or George Mason a bid before teams like Cincinati and Missouri State.

Not a whole heck of a lot else going on. Finished up my bronze piece for class last week, and, if I do say so myself, it looks pretty damn good. Beat around on some copper this weekend, too, so I feel pretty good about getting in my requisite artsy and/or fartsy time.

No comments: