Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Having a Life is Nice

One major contributing factor to the near-death of his here blog has been the fact that since last April I've constantly had one (or two) investment properties that were in need of various state of repair, with huge ticking clocks hanging over each in the form of carrying costs, mortgage payments, checks to contractors, you name it.

I'm not completely out of the woods yet, but the second investment property is now under contract, and the renovation work is 99.9% done. If everything closes as scheduled (and it's an all-cash offer on the place, so odds are pretty good it'll close), I'll make pretty good money on the place but, more importantly, finally be able to kick back and relax, for the first time in a year, without deadlines hanging over my head.

I take a decent amount of pride in my work ethic and ability to stay busy, but this last year was a bit much, even for me. I can't say I regret it or would do things differently, as I've learned a lot and not lost my shirt buying houses in what has turned into a dismal overall market, but I'm definitely looking forward to the prospect of having an honest-to-Jebus life once again, and the ability to do absolutely nothing all weekend if I choose to do so.

So yeah. Kind of nice to have a life again. That's all. Move along. Nothing to see here.

No comments: