Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Days O' Birthing

It's my birfday. Happy birfday to me.

Not that I expected it to be any different, but turning 31 is pretty much a meh experience, all the way around. At least 30 is sort of noteworthy, but 31? Meh, okay, whatever, turn the page.

Managed to post a few decent poker sessions in a row lately, which is nice, if a bit grindy. I'll take it however I can get it but beating someone over the head with a blunt, aggressive object isn't always the most exciting or stimulating way to play poker. I actually almost fell asleep playing the other night, which is the first time that's ever happened. Granted, it had a good bit to do with working my monkey arse off over the weekend, but still...

I got Harrington on Hold Em and Middle Limit Holdem Poker (Ciaffone) yesterday and started in on them both. I haven't read enough to spew any sort of informed opinion, but I'm actually liking the Ciaffone more, despite the fact that it's more clumsily written and a bit harder to read. No offense to Action Dan, but I haven't gotten to anything eye-opening yet. Like I said, though, I'm only a quarter or so through it, so hopefully there are later nuggets to be gleaned.

11 comments:

AlCantHang said...

Happy Birthday to you sir! May all your flushes be royal.

Chip said...

Happy Birthday. Here's to many more ! Haven't got Action Dan's new tome yet. Let us know what you think of it.

Ignatious said...

happy bday scurvy dog!

Joe Speaker said...

Well, Holy Crap.

Happy Birthday, S.

Here's to us!

April said...

Happy Birthday!! Here's to good cards, except for Thursday when we are in hands together. Then may they all be shit. :D

Captain Freeman said...

Thirty-one is exciting because you won't get to be another prime number for six years. Enjoy it while you can.

Maudie said...

Happy Birthday, Scurv!

Heafy said...

Happy Birthday champ - wow, you share a birthday with my Distraction!

The Bracelet said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

April said...

Happy belated birthday!