Monday, March 14, 2005

Horses are Crazy

So, umm, yeah. On the bright side, I managed to somehow scrape my way into a 14th place finish in the H.O.R.S.E. tournament last night on Full Tilt. I'm still not exactly sure how that happened, as I was in danger of being the first monkey booted out the tournament door for a bit there, and nursed a wee stack of 300-400 chips for what seemed like forever. Which is especially unfun when the blinds start getting up there and you keep having to bring in with craptacular hands. Despite being on the brink of doom, I only had one bad suckout, when my A2c took down AKd during a HE round when I had to shove from early position with only 300 or so chips with the blinds approaching. Other than that I caught just enough to hang around, until I finally built up a bit of a cushion. Finally took a shot in Stud/8 with A26 suited but couldn't fill my flush and hit running bricks that prevented me from qualifying for the low. But yeah, all things considered, 14th ain't that bad.

What else, what else... I managed to kick the collective asses of both our garage and yard this weekend, which was way overdue. Felt very good to get out and about and get some stuff done. 'Tis far too easy to lapse into a sedentary monkey lifestyle, especially when I log as many hours in front of the computator as I do.

Many cool ideas bouncing around in the hopper right now. Bounce bounce bounce.

Many thanks for the response on the possible Omaha tournament action. Sounds like we should have enough interest to make it fly so I'm going to submit the request to set the tournaments up and we'll see what happens. Still working on a permanent home for the league info, leaderboard, and all that good stuff, and will holler when it's up and running.

The poker gods finally saw fit to bless me this weekend with slightly better cards. Still digging my way out of the hole the first two weeks of the month put me in, but I'm getting there. In some ways it's a bit of a blessing in disguise, as up until now I'd managed to avoid a protracted cold spell in the higher stakes Crypto games I've been regularly playing in when not chasing bonuses. While I can't say it's fun, taking beat after beat, losing session after losing session, for fairly sizable sums of money, it's also not the end of the world. I managed to stick with it, with no stupid donkey behavior, and hopefully ride out the worst of it.

Back to the joys of cubeland.

No comments: