Thursday, March 10, 2005

Omaha HiLo Tournament League: Yea or Nay?

Man, Blogger has been taking a big dump on my head all morning. Stop breaking, you stupid completely free services that I use and pay not a cent for yet demand to work flawlessly 100% of the time!

Last night was ugly. Fugly. I'm in that bad poker place where no matter what I do I get beaten down. You all know what I'm talking about. I know that this too shall pass but Jebus, enough.

Drizz caught me at the tail-end of last night's debalce, playing Razz. I thought that'd be a decent way to wind down the evening with no more damage done. Hah. Whatever substance attracts bricks, I was that substance. Especially running bricks. Running running bricks, even.

But enough whining. On to the good stuff.

I've been talking to the good people at Noble Poker (who are currently running a pretty sweet $300 signup bonus) and they're happy and willing to set up private tournaments for people. Better yet, they're willing to run the first 3-4 as $50 freerolls, which would be followed by a $10 buy-in tournament with no juice. If at that point we'd proven able to get 20 people or so to show up for the tournaments, it'd be a weekly, recurring thing.

I thought it would be cool to do it as an Omaha HiLo limit league, what with lots of bloggers expanding into Omaha of late and the fact that most of the blogger tournaments so far have been NL affairs. I'd put together a leaderboard similar to the WPBTOnline one, and bang together a point system that would reward you for participating as well as place of finish. The leader(s) at the end of the month would win some sort of cash prize, as well as the year-long winner (if it runs that long).

Mainly, though, I just thought it'd be cool to have a weekly blogger Omaha tournament, and possible ring game after the tourny. Noble is very responsive to setting it all up and the first few would be freerolls, so no worries about depositing and playing at a new site, etc. It'd also be a nice way to get your feet wet in Omaha if you haven't played a lot of it but are curious.

The only catch is that we need 20 or so participants, to make it fly. So, gentle readers, what say ye? Would you be up for that? A weekly Omaha HiLo limit tournament, with a leaderboard and all that jazz, as well as extra cash monies for the GOBW? (Greatest Omaha Blogger in the World)?

If you have a second, lemme know if you'd be interested, so I can get a rough count of peoples before sending the request to Noble to set it up. Keep in mind the first 3-4 tournaments would be complete freerolls, with the ones following that likely only being $10 buy-ins. Many thanks.

10 comments:

Mourn said...

I'm all over it. Let me know what I can do to help.

The Bracelet said...

I'd probably do it, but it would depend on the nights it took place. And with my current job situation, I may have 3 straight weeks of out of town training coming up soon. Count me as possibly probable.

Anonymous said...

Count me in. Wanting to expand anyway.

Heafy said...

I'm in, but only if it is played on a Friday night or Saturday anytime (due to time differences here in Australia.)

Toby Leah Bochan said...

yay for comments working again. I'm so in.

TripJax said...

Giddy up! Let me know if it's on!

TripJax said...

Giddy up...i'd be in...

jremotigue said...

I'm in fo sho.

April said...

I'd be interested once I get my laptop back. I promised the owner of this one that I wouldn't download a bunch of poker sites.

Unknown said...

I heart O8. Count me in.