Monday, September 19, 2005

Come Baaaaaccckkkk, Weekend

A visit from the in-laws coupled with much other assorted cleaning and running around resulted in me seeing all of half an hour of football this weekend, plus not one single hand of poker being played. The horror...

This has been a pretty light poker month so far, and likely will remain so. Lots going on, and I've been trying to not force myself to play if I'm not in the right mindset, don't have much time to play, etc. Hopefully I can get in some decent playing time before the trip to Vegas, but we shall see.

Pretty ugly week for all my assorted football pickin', both NCAA and NFL. I realize it's always this way early in the year before teams settle out, but the NFL seems especially schizophrenic this year. If you'd told me the final Detroit-Chicago score would be 38-6, I'd have nodded, feeling sorry for the poor offensively-challenged Bears. Except, umm, it was the Bears that put up 38 points.

On the fantasy football front, alls I needs is a measly 3.27 points from Dante Stallworth in the Saints-Giants game tonight, to deliver a kick to the junk of Donkeypuncher and go 2-0 for the year. Come on, Dante, you got that, dawg. Piece o' cake.

1 comment:

jremotigue said...

I hate to break it to you, but I've contracted some "cousins" of mine to take care of Dante. Tanya Haring-Jeff Gillooly style...