Monday, September 26, 2005

LaDainian Tomlinson, Thou Art the Man

Wow. I had no clue LaDainian Tomlinson was a reader. Thank you, kind sir, for reading my desperate plea for help, and contributing 192 rushing yards, 3 TDs, and a passing TD, to boot. Somehow my fantasy team managed to overcome the fact that The Commish's receivers combined for approximately 72 TD catches. I would offer to name my first born LaDainian as tribute, but, umm, naw...

Ended up going out around 60th in the Stars $109 rebuy last night. Obviously not the finish I wanted, but I played pretty well, going out when I tried to bully around a pre-flop min-raiser who called with AKs, smiting my lowly AQo. Such is life. I'm not sure why I'm such a tight-arse, when it comes to ponying up entry fees for bigger tournaments. I don't blink at dropping a buy-in at 15/30 but for some reason paying upwards of $100 just to play in a MTT causes my tight-arsedness nature to kick into gear. Something I need to work on, though, especially if I'm going to play in a few of the smaller WSOP events next year.

My college football picks have been decent thus far, but sweet Jebus, I have no clue what's up with the NFL this year. I might as well just set afire the $5/week that I'm on the hook for in the office pool I'm in.

No comments: