Saturday, December 31, 2005

Kudos to all the Grinders

A little bit surprised to find I'm having a hard time pushing myself past playing 5 hours a day, as far as trying to amp up my volume of play a bit. I've been taking breaks and playing in 1-2 hour stretches but I seem to hit a wall around 5 hours or so, where it's hard to force myself to keep grinding out hands. Which isn't the worse thing in the world, I guess, and still a decent volume of hands.

Knock on wood, but I've been on a tear the last week or so. I've tripled up my original buy-in at the site I'm propping at, plus should have a pretty nice payday coming from the prop payments. I've been playing 10/20 when there's a game, but a lot of the play is at 5/10, with a good chunk of heads-up and three-handed play thrown into the mix. The site's pretty low traffic, but the general skill level is pretty dang low, so it evens out a bit.

Trying not to get too far ahead of myself imagination-wise, as I'm barely a week into this, but so far things are pretty promising. Even if I play break-even poker the prop payments should be fairly hefty, and it's looking like it'd take some nasty variance for me to simply break even.

I actually managed to get a bit of work done on the project mentioned yesterday, as far as setting up the forum and configuring it. Still messing around with the organization and layout, but it shouldn't be too long before I have a beta version up and running.

Today has apparently been deemed the day of much running around and shopping and eraands and redmeption of gift cards. So it has been decreed, so it shall be.

No comments: