Thursday, May 18, 2006

Bored Lemming = Me

1. What is the biggest mistake people make at a NL table?

Overvaluing top pair.

2. What is the biggest mistake people make at a Limit table?

Bluffing.

3. Why do you play poker?

Probably 80% as a way to make extra income, 20% because I enjoy it.

4. If you weren't playing poker, what would you be doing?

Probably something useful.

5. What is your favorite poker book and why?

For poker learnin', probably both of Harrington's books.

6. Who is your favorite poker player and why?

Ted Forrest. He seems to have the perfect mix of gamble, brains, and balls, with none of the ego and posturing that so often accompanies those attributes in the poker world.

7. Which poker player do you dislike the most and why?

Antonio Esfandiari. The reason why is because he's Antonio Esfandiari.

8. Do your coworkers know about your blog?

I tried to heep the poker blog largely hidden from friends and co-workers, but eventually let the cat out of the bag over the years. Part of my wishes it was still completely on the down low, but knowing that people who know me read it keeps me honest, which is likely a good thing.

9. What is the most you have won in a cash game or MTT (both live and online)?

Cash game session: Live $300, Online $6,000
MTT: Live $3,200, Online $2,000

10. What is the most you have lost in a cash game or in one day total (both live and online)?

$4,000

11. Who was your first poker blog read?

The wee dude that drinks Guinness

12. What satisfies you more, your aces holding up for a big pot or a bluff working for a big pot?

Aces holding up for a big pot.

13. Why do you blog?

Because it's there?

14. Do you read blogs from an RSS reader like bloglines or do you visit each blog?

Bloglines, all the way.

15. Would you rather play poker for a living than do what you currently do for a living?

I don't really want to play poker for a living, at all, but it'd be better than my current job.

16. Do you wear a tin foil hat on occasion?

An inside-out tin foil hat, thank you very much.

17. If you had to pin it down to one specific trait, what does a great poker player have (or do) that separates them from an average player?

Perseverance. Or perverseness. Pick your poison.

18. Is Drizz the coolest person on the planet for naming his baby Vegas?

Absolutely.

19. What is your primary poker goal and are you close to accomplishing it?

I'm bad about goals, but I wanted to play in some WSOP events this year, which I'll do, so sure, that works for me.

20. What is your primary online site and why?

I play on approximately 182,172 sites so I can't claim one as primary.

21. What site do you dislike and why?

Party is just about the most fucked-up of an organization as possible, so they win my vote for most disliked site.

2 comments:

Div said...

I was sorta with you on the Esfandiari thing until I saw him make a really good call for his whole stack against Negreanu on High Stakes Poker, then get rivered.

The way he handled it moved him up several notches in my estimation.

TripJax said...

good point div, though he is still a tad bit of a tart.

scurvy thanks for partaking in the little random questionnaire...good stuff.

if anyone plays at tons of sites and wouldn't really get #20, I figured it would be you.