Monday, May 22, 2006

Incredible Shrinking Weekends

I swear that the weekend is somehow contracting and getting shorter and shorter over time. Or Monday is breeding and spreading its soul-crushing, open-mouth-breathing ilk all over the place.

Managed to get back into the poker grind yesterday, playing with some of my favorite B2B crazy Euros. A bit of a letdown at first to be back grinding at the LHE tables, instead of playing for a Main Event seat, but that sort of thinking faded pretty quickly. As the wise Popeye once said, I yam what I yam, and that's a boring, yawn-inducing LHE grinder.

The weekend world of sports was fairly disappointing, with the LeBrons succumbing to the Pistons, the Mavs reverting to the choking Mavs of old, and Barbaro absolutely wrecking himself in pretty horrifying fashion. My Sporky fantasy league baseball team is showing signs of life, though, after a slow, slow start.

Very little of enormous import going on in ScurvyWorld of late. I managed to knock out assorted chores this weekend, including getting the refractory mixed and poured for my wee foundry, which should be up and running in a few weeks, once it's fully cured and ready for operation. I need to buckle down and get started with some tiling projects in the kitchen and bathrooms, as that's pretty much the last of the big improvements planned for the house.

No comments: