Monday, July 17, 2006

Sand in My Nether Regions

So I ended up bailing on both the Full Tilt and PokerStars guaranteed WSOP tournaments yesterday, after looking forward to them all week. For some reason I woke up feeling pretty craptacular, and then bubbled (after 5 hours of play) in a $3 rebuy qualifier for a seat in the PokerStars one, so I wasn't in the best of moods and didn't feel like lighting a grand on fire. Even in the happiest of fantabulous worlds (where I won a seat to the ME) I'd have been fairly conflicted, as the entire month of August is pretty much slam-bam booked for me, getting everything done in our current house for renting it and working on the new house.

So instead I just played tons of Tetris on our new Nintendo DS Lite. As the kids say, that thing is teh shit. I had an Amazon gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket and was going to do the responsible thing and buy some books but decided to spend it a bit more frivolously, grabbing the DS Lite, Tetris, and Mario Kart. Too bad ScurvyWife continues to kick my ass in Tetris. Who knew there was a Tetris Rain Man lurking in our household?

Didn't play much poker at all this weekend, aside from the bubbling mentioned above. Had a pretty nice run last week at the $400 NL tables, although I didn't get all that many hands in. I was actually surprised to see how much up I was for the week when it was all said and done, as I had a goodly number of small, steady sessions with no fireworks, where I booked a decent profit but nothing spectacular. It's definitely been fun to play and engage my rusty poker brain on occasion, as the grind of LHE was definitely wearing on me. I'm still playing too much the NL tightbox but working on it, so maybe there's hope for me yet.

No comments: