Thursday, August 18, 2005

And the shaking, and the sweating, and the DTs begin...

The horror...

So we're ditching our land line/DSL in favor of RoadRunner, largely to consolidate things and to upgrade to a cell phone plan that includes a phone for me, as well as ScurvyWife. I currently don't have a cell phone, and am pretty happy with that fact. ScurvyWife isn't happy with that fact, as apparently I am supposed to be within contact range no matter where I am or what I am doing. I'm cool with compromise, though, so we got the new cell phones, called to schedule hookup of the cable modem (August 30th), and all systems were go.

Except, umm, for some reason I still don't understand, ScurvyWife called a couple of nights ago and told them to go ahead and port the current land line number to my new cell phone. Which they did, last night. Followed shortly by the DSL modem going dark, and much anguish on my part. Apparently ScurvyWife was under the impression that all the DSL needed in order to work was the phone jack itself, and that porting the number asociated with the DSL to a new carrier wouldn't affect our ability to use the DSL. Umm, yeah.

So it looks like no online poker for me until August 30th or so. Which obviously isn't the worst thing in the world, and it'll give me a chance to bang out some owrk offline on assorted projects, tackle more projects around the house, spend time with ScurvyWife, and all that good stuff. But, umm, you know. Crap. I'd been running pretty good this week, too, and was making some nice headway in 15/30 land.

Plus my telecommuting days just went poof, so it's back to five days at the office for the next few weeks. The horror...

On the bright side, I can still continue to babble at you, ad nauseum, while at work.

The horror...

4 comments:

WillWonka said...

I completely hear you on the cell phone thing... I don't have one either and don't really want one but Mrs Wonka keeps on insisting. Like, it's intentional that we don't want to be just a phone call away.

Also, I borrowed your "throw up in the mouth" today... Let me know what royalties I owe you.

Joe Speaker said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Bake some brownies, take 'em next dor and ask to use the neighbor's poker machine.

Heafy said...

I feel for you man, in this your hour of need.

Hey, there's a guy on the corner playing 3-card monte, maybe you can crack that game?

d said...

Yuck, are there any live games available nearby?