Monday, September 12, 2005

Sweet, Sweet Football

Got to get the obligatory "Hook 'em Horns" plug in, but sweet Jebus, that was quite the college football game. I'd like to say I never wavered, my faith in the Longhorns rock solid, but I'm still not sure how we managed to win that game, with Ohio State starting approximately 72 drives at midfield or better.

Went 4-1 on my NCAA picks over the weekend, bumping me up to 6-4 on the year. As far as NFL picks, umm, yeah, I made some. Honestly, that had to have been one of the wackier opening weekends, as far as upsets. SF taking down the Rams? Tampa winning easily in Minnesota? (and somewhere Drizz weeps.) Miami thumping Denver? Insanity abounds.

Pretty dang pleased with the results of my first full week of sports arbitrage betting. It's a bit of an odd thing, having pretty substantial sums of money plunked down on games, but with no interest whatsoever in the eventual outcome. Hopefully I'll get a bit faster on the research side of things, as I get a routine down, as far as scanning books. And, just to repeat a previous offer, if you have any programming talents/experience with XML feeds and content scraping/aggregation, for the sake of the wee baby Jebus get in touch with me at webmaster@bonusbug.com. This is opportunity knocking, kids.

On the poker front, well, I played some. Can't say I've completely shaken the slight poker malaise of late, but I think I slightly misdiagnosed it, as it's more a I'm=spending-too-much-time-in-front-of-the-computer malaise, than anything else. It'll be nice, someday, in the distant future in a land far away, when I don't have a day job that requires 8 hours a day, every single damn day, of being parked in front of the computing device. Adding in my schemin' and rhymin' and poker play and I pretty regularly clock in 10-12 hours a day in front of a computing device, which can obviously get old.

Think I'm going to play in the Stud WCOOP event today, which should be, umm, fun. Let's just say Stud isn't exactly my best game, but it's probably the last event I can play, schedule-wise, so I'll probably give it a shot.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Luckily in my FFL turnovers are not negative points or my criticism of Culpepper would be a little more scathing this morning.

I still haven't stopping crying though.