Thursday, November 03, 2005

I Heart Mental Health Days

Decided to take a mental health play-Civ-4-guilt-free-for-hours day. No real reason, other than it's been many moons since I've skipped out on work, plus the last few weeks at the day job have been a real grind, in the truest sense of the word. So I thought, Hey, you know, that place sucks, I just won't go there today.

And, to be fair, I have gotten a lot of work done already on assorted schemings.

Plus I just stomped a mudhole in those pesky German asses.

6 comments:

WillWonka said...

Yo Scurv..
Will you be playing in the Caribbean 200K freeroll? I got my confirmation email today so I should be good to go.

ScurvyDog said...

Senor Wonka,

Yeah, I got the confirmation today as well and am definitely going to play. Didn't exactly turn out to be a "freeroll" seeing as I got pillaged on the 5/10 tables to the tune of -$500, but still looks to be a decent overlay. I'm curious to see how many people end up playing in it.

WillWonka said...

lol... definitely not a freeroll here either.

Mourn said...

Ok OK, I'm buying Civ 4 tonight.

Rod said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rod said...

CIV4 - odd - a number of poker blogs in the past week have mentioned the CIV4 problem.

I had hoped I had crushed that demon long ago. JUST ONE MORE THING TO DO HONEY - I BE RIGHT THERE!! You know what I'm talking about!!! Don't fool yourself.

Just let me take this one city, build this one more wonder and I can stop for the night!! SIX HOURS LATER!!!!