Thursday, January 27, 2005

Human Medical Waste Disposal

I'm used to getting bombarded by spam. All sorts of spam. I actually get a double dose, because I get all the normal consumer-oriented stuff plus all of the webmaster related stuff, due to the ginormous number of domains I have registered.

In the latter category, I get tons of link exchange requests. Some of these are legitimate but most are essentially automated spam, as software exists to spam link exchange emails to any domain out there that has a decent ranking in Google, Yahoo, etc. What's funny about these is that they're pretty similar to the legitimate link exchange requests (which work best when two similarly themed sites link to one another), except for a few little details.

Here's the most recent one I've received:

Dear Webmaster,
I am contacting you about exchanging reciprocal links between our websites. If you're not familiar with this, it's very beneficial in search engine rankings for two similar sites such as ours to link to one another, with the net result of both of our sites being placed higher in search engine results. I've personally visited Sound of a Suckout and think our sites share a lot in common and would both benefit from exchanging links.

My site is about human medical waste disposal. This attractive corporate website offers feature-rich content, has a Google PageRank of 5, and would be a valuable resource to link with.

I'll keep the web address confidential and will send it to you only if you give me permission to do so. Just let me know if it's OK, and I'll send you the web address for your review.


Sure, dawg, sign me up. I can definitely see the synergies, too, between our sites. It's like we were twins, separated at birth, who finally reconnected due to this great wonderous thing known as the Intraweb.

1 comment:

The Bracelet said...

I thought this WAS a Human Medical Waste Disposal website. I even have you linked in my special "Medical Waste" section of blogs.

After really taking a look at your site, I'm beginning to think it's not about Medical Waste at all.

What the...