Thursday, June 29, 2006

Bracelets Are Gay, Anyway

I pretty much sucked it up in Event #4, sucking like Sucky McSuckSucks. So, umm, yeah. There you go.

Went out not too long after the first break, with 100/200 blinds. And the sad thing is that I was lucky to last that long, as the theme of the day was anything that can go wrong, bam, there you go, it just went wrong. Flopped the nut straight and couldn't shake loose 37c, who hung in there to runner runner a flush. Turned the nut straight and couldn't shake loose the same friend, who runner runnered the nut flush (and just called me when I bet out on the river instead of raising me with, umm, the mortal nuts.)

Didn't get to play with anyone famous, although Annie Duke was at the table next to me and I got to hear her chew out a dealer for what she thought was a mistake. I also think she glared at me a few times, as the tournament clock on the wall was right behind her, and everytime I looked over to see the time she'd look up at me, like I was staring at her because of she was Annie Duke.

I'd like to say it was a good time, and, you know, deep down inside it was, but it was honestly pretty damn disappointing to go out as quickly as I did. I didn't go in with any real expectations as far as cashing, but suddenly it was over, after much looking forward to it, and I couldn't help but feel like damn, that was quick.

Such is life, I suppose. On the bright side, tomorrow is suddenly wide open, so hopefully I'll get some time in at cash games and/or tournaments.

5 comments:

d said...

Bummer. Any chance you'll break down and enter another event?

Do you think you might have preferred to play a different format? NL or PL?

Anything notable that you went through getting registered? Did things go quickly with FTP? Do you just show them your ID and they give you your lammers?

jremotigue said...

That sucks.

Maybe you could satellite into another event.

But from what I've read, the cash games are juicy.

GL man.

Gnome said...

Good luck in the cash games. I want to hear all about how juicy they are.

ScurvyDog said...

Dave,

Registration was pretty painless and easy, although the Full Tilt system basically involved finding the dude in charge, who had some dogeared sheets of paper with player names and email addresses and what they were owed in chips, and then checking your ID and paying out your lammers from a magic duffel bag he was carrying around. Which worked for me, but I was expecting a little more rigamarole.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I think a NL field would have been softer. My table was pretty tough, as 8 of the 10 people knew what they were doing, played aggressively, and didn't give up much. The other guy (he of the sucking out on me twice) was just absolutely terrible, but ended up with pretty much all my chips and two other people he busted out in similar fashion.

I'd probably have bought into another event if our schedule would have allowed it, but we're flying back on Saturday and I didn't feel like monkeying with things.

Felicia :) said...

Sorry to hear.

Annie is not a nice person. I don't believe she is good for poker. I wish the media would focus on Harman or Violette instead.