Friday, June 23, 2006

Grindy Grindy Grindy

Got in a goodly number of hands last night, including a bunch on Hollywood, trying to finish up the signup bonus over there. I shouldn't have signed up for the much slower clearing $1,000 bonus, but the lure of a free iPod got the better of me. Which is going to be kind of funny if I do end up finishing that one up, as I'll suddenly being awash with iPods, after having none for many moons.

Poker has been kind of odd lately. This is shaping up to be the best month I've ever had, but it's pretty unremarkable, looking back. In the past my results have yipped and yawed all over the place, espcially when playing higher limits. This month, not so much, even though I've been logging a decent amount of hours at 15/30 and 20/40 full ring when not grinding out assorted bonuses at lower limits. I'm not really doing much differently, just not experiencing the wild bankroll swings I have in the past.

I suppose the lack of variance is also, in its own way, simply variance. So maybe I can stop trying to perfect the perfect anti-variance pill I've been working so hard on.

Foundation inspection was yesterday for the potential new house, and it actually managed to pass with flying colors, which was surprising. Most of the settling appears to be the normal sort of settling that happens with 50 year old homes, and all the piers are in good shape and don't need to be replaced. We'll still have to have some leveling done, which will likely cost an arm, but it won't be an arm and a leg, like we were worried might be the case.

3 comments:

TripJax said...

"I suppose the lack of variance is also, in its own way, simply variance."

That one made me think right there...good point...

drewspop said...

Hey man, I started following your whoring guide last night and finished up the Starluck bonus. Great guide you have put together. I look forward to continuing to whore it up.

Gnome said...

Way to go! I bet it feels great to be consistently doing well at 20/40.