Thursday, March 16, 2006

Madness, Baby, Madness

Why I didn't develop a sudden, unexplained illness today is beyond me, what with the NCAA tournament kicking off. My supervisor at work has been on short term disability for over a month now because she fell and bruised her butt (but she's been well enough to attend two different weddings during that time, includng one in California, just not well enough to, you know, come in and sit in our horribly uncomfortable chairs at work), so the bar is pretty low, as far as manufacturing reasons to get paid to stay home and watch basketball. Yet here I am. Sucker.

This tournament should be an interesting one, as there really isn't any team(s) head and shoulders above the rest. We could very easily have a Final Four without a single #1 seed making it, or all four #1 seeds could run the table. I ended up hedging my bets in assorted brackets, but I guess I'd have to pick UConn to win it all, if someone twisted my arm hard enough.

The Coinflip Gods are still hating on me in the SnGs, and I've basically been spinning my wheels the last few days, donating a bit of money. I feel like I'm playing better, though, despite the lack of much in the way of results to show for it. If nothing else, I'm banking lots of FPPs. Currently on pace to hit Platinum before the end of the month, and I might make a concentrated effort next month to see how feasible it would be to make a run at 93,000 FPPs for the buy-in to a $1,500 WSOP event they offer in the PlatinumStars store. It's kind of nice as I've never spent any of my FPPs at Stars, so I already have 20,000 or so in the bank. I might end up taking 3-4 days off work and just blast through a ginormous number of SnGs, if need be.

2 comments:

Heavy Critters said...

Apparently, if you go to http://www.ncaasports.com, you can watch the games streaming live for FREE.

There's also a dump button that will shut down audio and video in case your boss does a sneak attack at your cube.

I'm not an NCAA rube, so it doesn't pay for me to register. You may want to check it out, though.

C.L. Russo said...

Why not play one of PS' 40FPP WSOP super satellites? People are treating it like a freeroll (which I guess it sort of is) but they're playing wildly. Just by playing my vanilla, generic straight ahead game I finished in the top hundred.

Someone with some actual skill might even win it.