Friday, April 07, 2006

Bah, Poker

Yesterday was one of those spirit-crushing poker days. And aye, I over-exaggerate, but man, poker is sometimes just not much fun. Not being able to get away from flopped two pairs and set over sets gets expensive, as does flopping a boat and losing to a rivered bigger boat. It also doesn't help to get slightly tilty after all of that and go to war with the bully at the Soko tables, who keeps hitting, hand after hand.

I've still not really been able to break out of the poker doldrums that have been plaguing me since late January, when results in general turned south. It's not a precipitous downturn but I feel like I take one step forward, then immediately take 1.2 steps backwards.

The strange thing is that I really don't feel like I'm playing that poorly. Definitely not playing optimally 100% of the time but some of the beatdowns of late are pretty spectacular, in the ugly sense. Generally lumping my money in when ahead, which is all I can really do.

Yeah, I know. I'm just venting, more than anything. I know. Nothing to see here.

No comments: